Asian Conference of Criminal & Operations Psychology 2013
Psychology in Law Enforcement, Terrorism and Resilience: Global Perspectives
A Special Meeting of the Society for Police & Criminal Psychology
20- 23 May 2013,
Jointly organised by the Singapore Home Team Behavioural Sciences Centre, Police Psychological Services Division (Singapore Police Force) and the Psychological and Counselling Services Branch (Singapore Prisons Service), Singapore, the second Asian Conference of Criminal & Operations Psychology (ACCOP) will be held from 20-23 May 2013 in Singapore.
This is a unique opportunity for you to meet and to exchange information with experts in the fields of law enforcement, criminal and operations psychology, and behavioural sciences from both Asia and the West. ACCOP 2013 will see the gathering of officers and practitioners in this arena congregating, communicating and collaborating with one another.
'MINDWARE FOR OPERATIONAL SUCCESS'
The theme for the conference is “Mindware for Operational Success.” The conference will emphasize how psychology and behavioural sciences help inform and shape operational work in the fields of law enforcement, correctional work, and terrorism. The conference tracks for ACCOP 2013 (which will be streamlined further after the call for papers) are:
- Criminal and Forensic Psychology (e.g. organised crime, casino and gambling related crimes and behaviours)
- Psychology of Terrorism, Counter-Terrorism and De-Radicalisation
- Operations Psychology and Criminal Hostage Negotiations
- Correctional Psychology
- Critical Incident and Disaster Psychology
- Resilience and Counselling in Law Enforcement and Corrections Settings
- Leadership and Command Psychology
- Personnel Assessment / Occupational Psychology in Law Enforcement and Corrections Settings
- Cybercrime and New Media Psychology
- Traffic Psychology and Safety Behaviours
- International and Cross Cultural Psychology
CALL FOR PAPERS
You are invited to make an application to present at the ACCOP 2013 Conference. We welcome proposals related to the above conference tracks. Kindly complete this Submission Form for Paper/ Poster Presentation Proposal and submit it together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Ms Diong Siew Maan at Diong_Siew_Maan@spf.gov.sg. The deadline for submission is 15 March 2013.
You may wish to visit the HTBSC Facebook page for more updates on ACCOP 2013.